Pages

11.14.2009

Google Earth and GIS Workshops for MarSIS Project


Kim Baldwin and I just returned from a five-day stint in St. Vincent and the Grenadines launching Kim's geodata. Here is a little background on Kim's project, the Grenadines Marine Resource and Space-Use Information System, or MarSIS, that I mentioned here before.

I'm not going into a lot of detail here, just wanted to show off some of the workshop photos, here on my Flickr site. Basically, I took Kim's GIS dataset, her 'map of the sea' and brought it into Google Earth. I showed the workshop participants how to use Google Earth and make their own maps and then showed them the MarSIS project as a KML file. I'll provide that KML later, once I integrate all the fabulous feedback we received from the workshop. I'll also get into more detail of this wonderful trip once I rest up a bit!

No comments: